Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Writing Prompts for Elul


Image courtesy of creativedoxfoto/FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I do this to myself every Elul.  I want to reflect on the past year and improve.  Only I never do much reflecting.  I have been trying to find a daily meditation for Elul, but I think I would be better off setting myself up to write every day for 29 days.  Who would like to join me?  Below are the writing prompts I have come up with, of course nothing is written in stone, and if you can think of something to switch please let me know!

  1. Awaken
  2. Sin
  3. Forgiveness
  4. Repentance
  5. Renewal
  6. Cycle
  7. Synagogue (or personal place for Prayer)
  8. Shofar
  9. Prayer (Tefilah)
  10. Tzedakah (Charity)
  11. Reflection
  12. Cheshbon HaNefesh (Soul Accounting)
  13. Sweetness and honey
  14. (New) Year
  15. Head Starting/Beginning*
  16. Apple
  17. Honey Be(ing Present)*
  18. Pomegranate
  19. Gratitude
  20. Kindness
  21. Compassion Judge*
  22. Empathy Change*
  23. Torah
  24. The King
  25. Chana and Sarah and Infertility
  26. Family
  27. Psalm 27
  28. Book of Life
  29. Sealed (or Signed)
  30. Teshuvah  Plan (the Future)


No comments:

Post a Comment