Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Preparing for Yom Kippur

I spent the entire month of Elul (August leading into September) writing each day on one of the themes of Rosh Hashanah and the High Holidays.  We are now in the Ten Days between Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) and Yom Kippur (Day of Repentence).

I am still writing, this time privately, answering the questions of 10Q.  It's a pretty awesome project.  Answer ten questions, one a day from the Jewish New Year until Yom Kippur.  The answers are "locked up" until next year.

I did this last year, and I admit, I was a bit depressed after re-reading my answers.  I had hoped to be holding a second child in my arms.  I had hoped to be more patient...I feel like I am rewriting the same goals of last year.  I guess some years we make tremendous growth and others, well, not so much.

This year I spent 30 days writing for Rosh Hashanah and really took some time to think about my goals.  Maybe that will make a difference?

Do you spend any time preparing for High Holidays or the "regular" New Year (like resolutions)?  How do you keep track on your goals?


No comments:

Post a Comment