Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Never Forget

I was at work in my office on September 11, 2001.  A friend and I had been emailing about mountain biking, and he wrote to me about a plane that flew into a building in New York.  I remember scrambling the news to find out.  Was it a small plane?  An accident?  A stunt gone wrong?

Websites were slow in loading.  I couldn't get through to the news sites and it became clear to me something more was happening.

When I finally got the news loaded up, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  Two planes had flown into the Twin Towers in New York.

Later that evening, I watched the news reports.  I remember watching an interview with a husband, whose wife had left a message on their answering machine.  She was trapped in one of the towers.  She was saying how much she loved him and good bye.  My heart ached.

I think about those families, those who lost loved ones and those who survived and can't imagine their thoughts and emotions.

I pray every night with my son for a world filled with peace, love and understanding.  May we see it in our days.

from http://www.weswyatt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Never_Forget_2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment