Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

How many hats do you wear?

Welcome to my blog!

I have decided to start writing again.  I used to have a blog, I wanted a fresh start, a new blog and as I continue my spiritual growth and life "training".  I will fill you on on my life history as we go.  I hope you will join me for the ride.

Since I have started my spiritual and personal growth, or rather probably the most recent phase of it, I have struggled with identity.

I am a woman.  A Wife. A Mom.

I am Jewish.  A spiritual being. A human doing (or trying to do).

I am Canadian. I am part Egyptian and part polish.

I am a brunette.  I am short (as you can probably guess from the blog name).

I drive. I mountain bike. I do yoga (or try to).

I cook. I clean. I do laundry.

I look at each of my hats, some can be categorized under jobs and activities, and others are more descriptors.  Each can allude to a deeper identity, a set of deeper values that I live for.


My son has a book called, I Want a Hat Like That, where Grover tries on different hats and assumes different roles, different jobs, all in make believe.  Adult life is not make believe.  This is real.  This is for keeps.  We only get one chance at this, and I want to live a life with meaning and purpose.  

How many hats do you wear?  And how do you accessorize?  :)

6 comments:

  1. Great first blog post! Welcome back to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogging!

    I wear the hats of mother, wife, sister, daughter, blogger, writer, social media consultant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shorty!! So happy you're back to blogging!! :)

    ReplyDelete